Eco School Twilight Session
Date: Monday 25th May 2020
Time: 1600 - 1800
Venue: The Buffet Room, Townhouse, Haddington
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand how the Eco-Schools programme and application process work, and the time frame involved.
- Participants will understand the steps and tasks that need to be carried out in order to obtain a Green Flag Award.
- Participants will understand how the Eco-School programme supports and facilitates their provision of Learning for Sustainability.
- Participants will learn examples and have developed ideas of actions that could be carried out as part of the Eco-Schools programme.
- Review of the Eco-Schools programme, its benefits, structure and elements.
- Learning for Sustainability and Eco-Schools: review of how the Eco-Schools programme facilitates de provision of LfS.
- Review of the application system and the differences in the process for new/re-joining schools and renewing schools.
- A walk through the new online application website, page by page.
- Sharing of good practices and examples.
- Practical activities that will help towards the tasks and challenges faced by practitioners when they act as Eco-Schools Co-ordinators.