Coaching for Success
- Session 1: Friday 29th October 2021, 09.00 – 16.00
- Session 2: Friday 26th November 2021, 13.30 – 16.30
- Session 3: Friday 28th January 2022, 13.30 – 16.30
- Session 4: Friday 4th March 2022, 13.30 – 16.30
- Session 5: Friday 1st April 2022, 13.30 – 16.30
- Session 6: Friday 13th May 2022, 13.30 – 16.30
- Session 7: Friday 10th June 2022, 13.30 – 16.30
This course could be held face to face or virtually depending on the current pandemic requirements.
Who is this for? This programme is for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge and skills as a coach. The programme has GTCS Professional Recognition (PR), participants are required to write a 1500 word essay which evidences they have met the assessment criteria.
- To develop essential skills for non-directive coaching: questioning, listening, summarising, feedback.
- The application of non-directive coaching as a valuable tool for enhancing the development of staff and colleagues and one’s own professional development.
- To assess and understand the impact of mental state upon performance.
- To identify strengths and development areas of one's current leadership style.
Content: A bank of skills which can be used in coaching will be provided as well as opportunities to observe and practise coaching conversations.
Delegates must attend every session to successfully complete this course, failure to attend on any date will result in your place being withdrawn for the remainder of the course.
Teas/Coffees will be provided at each face to face session, delegates are asked to bring a packed lunch to the full-day session.
At the first session you will be provided with your copy of the “Super Coaching” book.
Please ensure that you sign the register when attending the course, if you do not sign the register this may result in your school being charged a non-attendance fee.
There is a charge of £50 per delegate for this course. Charges will be made by ledger transfer from your School Staff Development Budget following the session on 1st September. Please ensure your Head Teacher/Line Manager is aware of this charge.
If you are unable to attend please let the Training and Development Team know as soon as possible so that your place can be re-allocated to staff on the waiting list.
Please consider one area you would like to use to develop your coaching skills.