Diabetes Overview and Management in Schools and Nurseries
Designed for: All school/nursery staff supporting pupils with type 1 diabetes.
On completion of the course, participants will:
Understand signs and symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
- Understand how to test blood glucose.
- Understand insulin administration.
- Understand how to treat hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia.
- Overview of diabetes presentation.
- Practice with diabetes equipment.
Date: 22nd January 2020
Time: 1330 - 1530
Venue: Saltire Rooms 1 & 2